Whether you choose a massage or a facial, a Jade Face Roller and a Gua Sha Tool are must-tries!
The Jade Face Roller is a massage tool that improves circulation and vitality, helping to freshen your complexion and luminosity. The act of jade rolling is deeply comforting and indulgent, helping to reduce facial tension and leading to a relaxed feeling. It’s been a beauty ritual since ancient times in China. Physically, it helps to firm the look of skin through gentle massage. It also aids in supporting lymphatic drainage, which in turn reduces the appearance of puffiness, wrinkles, and improves skin tone.
The benefits of using Jade Roller:
- Reduces the appearance of small wrinkles and expression lines
- Improves product absorption for maximum benefits
- Tones and firms the appearance of your skin
- Reduces puffiness and improves elasticity of the skin
- Cools and calms the appearance of your skin
- Reduces stress
The roller help you get a little more from your products while you enjoy a relaxing massage. After cleansing and toning, simply apply your preferred facial serum or oil, then roll the tool in an upward direction. With each roll, your products will work their way deeper into your skin, helping you receive their full benefits. The roller can be cooled in the refrigerator to improve its anti-inflammatory and soothing effects. This way it supports circulation and natural collagen production, drains congested lymph nodes, and rids the body of toxins. Regular use of this massage tool can help in reducing the look of puffiness as it cools and soothes your skin.
How to use your Jade Roller:
1) Eyes: Use the smaller end of your roller for the skin around your eyes. Begin by placing your roller on the inner corner of your under eye. Roll outwards towards your ear. Repeat 5 times, then repeat on the other side.
2) Forehead: Start by gently placing your jade roller on the center of your forehead near your hairline. Roll downwards towards your ear until you reach your temple. Repeat 5 times, then repeat on the other side.
3) Face: Roll your cheekbones, lips, and chin using the same basic method as your forehead and eyes. Starting at the center of your face (next to your nose, in the center of your upper lip, or the center of your chin), roll outwards towards your ears. Repeat 5 times on each side.
4) Use with other products: Use a cleanser to clean your skin before using your roller. Apply your favorite facial oil or serum, then use your roller as described above. The massage will help the products better penetrate your skin.
The Gua Sha Tool is a facial massage tool designed to relax the muscles of the face, boost blood circulation, and encourage lymphatic drainage to improve the elasticity of the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines. It enhances beauty rituals by promoting the lifting and smoothing of the skin, leaving the face lifted and radiant after use. Facial Gua Sha is an ancient healing technique within Traditional Chinese Medicine that visibly rejuvenates the skin through gently scraping motions using a flat jade stone over the skin. With gently applied pressure, the tool helps relieve tension and aids the absorption of skincare products on the skin’s surface.
The benefits of facial Gua Sha treatment:
- Improves overall health and radiance of the skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Relieves facial and jaw tension and tightness
- Lifts and contours the face
- Increases the flow of oxygen and vital nutrients to the skin
- Improves elasticity of the skin
- Aides in meditation and reflexion
After preparing skin with tonic or oil, perform the Gua Sha Ritual. It’s good for all skin types including dry, mature, sensitive, blemish-prone, combination and normal. The unique ‘wing’ shape of the tool features three distinct edges for different massage techniques: the outwardly-curved edge helps sculpt and reduce the appearance of puffiness in areas like the jawline and cheekbones, the inwardly-curved edge hugs your natural facial shape to promote lymphatic drainage, and the scalloped edge provides gentle pressure and massage. With consistent use facial Gua Sha creates significant and long-term transformation in the skin and overall sense of wellness.
How to use your Gua Sha tool:
1) Prepare your face with a cleanser to wash away the day’s (or night’s) dirt and bacteria.
2) Next, apply your favorite facial oil or moisturizer to your face. You want something with staying power here so that your Gua Sha glides along your skin.
3) Take your facial tool and start at the base of your neck and using a light scraping motion, work your way up to your jawline.
4) Scrape up, towards your forehead, going over your jawline, chin, and mouth.
5) Scrape across your checks and press under the eyes and across your eyebrows.
6) Finish up with more upward scrapes on the forehead up to the hairline.
WHEN DO YOU USE A ROLLER OR A GUASHA?
We suggest face rolling for the main purposes of:
- Reducing puffiness
- Applying product (serums, oils, moisturizer)
- Smoothing the skin
We suggest Gua Sha for the main purposes of:
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Relieving facial and jaw tension
- Lifting and contouring the skin
* Slight variations in stone color are due to the unique natural character of this product. The tools are crafted with improved hardware and higher quality ethically-mined stones to withstand the tests of time and use.